ITEMS

From 100 Rogues
Jump to: navigation, search

There are three types of items - ones that go in the hand, ones that go on the body, and rings.


HAND ITEMS

Weapons
Name Damage Crit % Crit * Accuracy Cost Notes
Fist 1-5 8 2 100 N/A Default item, Stuns on crit (1 turn)
Dagger 2-8 8 3 90 50 Enables Backstab
Sword 6-12 4 2 85 100
Axe 8-20 4 2 85 300 Two Handed, requires HA
Wand 2-6(magical) 0 N/A 80 (+15% vs Flying) 200 Ranged Weapon, Two Handed
Bow 2-12 4 3 80 (+15% vs Flying) 150 Ranged Weapon, Two Handed


Shields
Name Block Armor Resist Cost Notes
Buckler 4 4 0 50
Heater 8 4 0 200
Tower 12 5 0 300 Requires HA


BODY ITEMS

Armors
Name Armor Evade Resist Cost Notes Slot
Robes 0 8 25 50 Default Armor Body
Leather 6 12 0 300 Body
Chain 15 0 0 650 Body
Plate 20 0 0 400 Requires HA Body


RINGS

You have two ring slots. Rings have no properties other than a "Magic Modifier", as described below.


Magic Items & Core Bonus

All items except Rings have a Core Bonus, which adds to their usefulness. The Core Bonus takes an items stats modifies them by a number between 1 and 5. So, weapons get their DAMAGE and ACCURACY modified, armors get their EVADE and ARMOR modified, shields get its BLOCK modified, etc. Basically, Core Bonus is just about making the item better (or worse) at whatever it does. A Sword that has a Core Stat bonus of 3 would become a "+3 Sword". Most of the time, however, the core bonus is 0, and so it would just be called "Sword". What we need is a scalable probability for Core Bonuses (+1, +5, -3, etc). So we need the % chance of finding higher core bonuses to be less than the % chance of finding lower ones (better items = more rare).

Also we have to roll to find out if the item is "magic". If the weapon is considered magic, its text should be printed in a cornflower blue color instead of white. Magic items get a "BRAND". Below are some examples of Brands:

  • Of Strength (1 to 4)
  • Of Health (1 to 10)
  • Of Energy (1 to 10)
  • Of Defense (1 to 8)
  • Of Evade (1 to 8)
  • Of Accuracy (1 to 8)
  • Of Concentration (reduces Fizzle%) (1 to 10)

More could be added later. It would only grab one of those, and then apply a random number in the range, which is how powerful the brand is.

Here are some examples of random generated items.

  • +5 Plate
  • +1 Sword of Defense
  • Shield of Defense (core bonus of 0)
  • +2 Leather of Health
  • -2
  • Bow of Energy


Item prices would have to be dynamically generated based on Core Bonuses and Brands.


ITEM MODIFIER DETAILS

Name Effect Amount Takes Effect On Can exist on... Is a Brand?
Strength Adds to Strength 1 to 5 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Health Adds to Max Health 1 to 10 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Energy Adds to Max Energy 1 to 10 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Defense Adds to ARMOR 1 to 5 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Evasion Adds to EVADE 1 to 8 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Accuracy Adds to ACCURACY 1 to 10 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Concentration Reduces FIZZLE 1 to 10 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Resistance Adds to RESIST 1 to 20 Equip Weapon/Armor/Ring Yes
Stunning Stuns on Critical Attack 1 Turn Critical Attack Fist, Goblin Axe No
Magic Damage is Magical, Reduced Reduced by 20%, Magical Attack Weapon (not Wand) Yes
Beetlemen Returns damage 10% Incoming Attack Armor Yes
Stopping Stuns on Critical Attack 5 turns Critical Attack Bow No
Vampire Steals health 10% Melee Attack Melee Weapons Yes
Poison Poisons target 12 Turns Melee Attack Dagger Yes
CONSUMABLES
RestoreHealth Restores HP 30 points Use Health Potion, Heal Meal No
RestoreEnergy Restores EP 30 points Use Energy Potion No
EnchantArmor Increases ARMOR & EVADE 1 Use Enchant Armor Scroll No
EnchantWeapon Increases DAMAGE & ACCURACY 1 Use Enchant Weapon Scroll No
STRup Increases STR 1 Use Powerup Scroll No
HPup Increases Max HP 5 Use (at full HP) Health Potion No
EPup Increases Max EP 4 Use (at full EP) Energy Potion No
IncreaseBelly Increases Belly 100 Use Roasted Food, Heal Meal No
IncreaseMaxBelly Increases Max Belly 10 Use (at 80% or fuller) Roasted Food, Heal Meal No
CastUnholyFlame Casts Unholy Flame Once, entire screen Use Scroll of Unholy Flame No

UNIQUE ITEMS / FIXEDART

These are very rare items that have a specific set of properties and will never have Core Bonuses or Brands. They also have unique artwork for them.

  • Goblin Axe: Deals big damage but has a chance to poison you.
  • Munk's Amulet: Grants +1 to STR, EP, and HP. (goes in the Ring slot)
  • Chase's Dagger: Big damage, just a kickass dagger.

CONSUMABLES

Consumables
Name Effects Cost Thrown
Health Potion Heals 40 HP, if at max HP, increases max HP by 2. 100 Heals monster for 40 HP or deals 40 damage to Undead
Energy Potion Heals 40 EP, if at max EP, increases max EP by 2. 100 Explodes, dealing 40 damage and 20 damage to surrounding tiles
Roasted Food Restores Belly to Full. If eaten at 80% fullness or higher, increases max Belly by 10% 100 None
Heal Meal Restores 50 Belly and 100% HP 150 None
Blow Up the World Scroll Explodes everything, no questions asked 50 None
Enchant Weapon Scroll Gives currently equipped weapon +1 to Core Bonus 250 None
Enchant Armor Scroll Gives currently equipped armor +1 to Core Bonus 250 None
Powerup Scroll Adds +1 to Strength 250 None

AMMUNITION / THROWN ITEMS

These items can be equipped on the player's QUIVER slot.

Rocks - Rocks are meant to be thrown, and usually found in groups of 1 to 30.

Arrows - Arrows are used with Bows.


THROWING VALUES

Item Thrown Damage Accuracy Chance to Break Special Effects
Armor 0-2 50 1
Shields 1-4 50 1
Dagger 4-16 75 5
Sword 2-20 45 5
Axe 2-30 60 5
Bow 0-2 50 5
Wand 0-2 50 5
Amulet/Ring 0-1 90 5
Arrow 1-12 20 50
Rock 1-10 80 5 Stuns on crit (4% chance)
Scroll 0 10 5
Heal Potion 0 60 100 Heals enemy, kills undead
Energy Potion 50 (Magic) 60 100 Explodes, dealing 50 damage and 20 to surrounding tiles


ITEM RARITY

Items can appear in the game in three ways, four counting the item shop.


When a monster dies, there is a 2% chance that it will drop an item. If it rolls positive for that roll, then it rolls to see what the item will be. Rarity Ratio is a rating from 1 to 5.

  • 1 - Common - These items are found all the time.
  • 2 - Normal - These items are very easy to find, but not quite as common as 1.
  • 3 - Rare - These items are more difficult to find, but you'll still generally see at least one per game.
  • 4 - Very Rare - These items are just that - very rare. You'll see one every few games though.
  • 5 - Mythical - are things that you tell your friends you swore you got one time but no one believes you.


Item Rarity
Dagger 1
Sword 1
Axe 3
Wand 2
Bow 2
Cloth 2
Leather 1
Chain 3
Plate 3
Buckler 1
Heater 2
Tower 2
Magic 3
Ring 4
Strange Device 4
Health Potion 2
Energy Potion 2
Roasted Food 2
Heal Meal 3
Rock 2
Gold 2
Explode the World Scroll 5

Treasure chests use this same mechanic, except they have a 75% chance to have an item inside them, 10% monster spawn, and 15% nothing.